Margaretville Hospital's Ambulatory Dept. gets significant upgrades
Margaretville Hospital officials and board members toured the recently completed renovations to the hospital’s Ambulatory Department on February 20.
The Ambulatory Department is where outpatient endoscopy procedures are performed by Kevin Dodd, MD, a gastroenterologist who sees patients at the hospital two to three times each month. The Department also cares for wound care patients who need dressing changes and those patients who require outpatient IV infusion treatments.
The Ambulatory Department renovations were started last fall and completed in January. The improvements were made possible through funding from the Margaretville Health Foundation.
Updates to the Ambulatory Department include:
• Upgrades to ceiling tiles and overhead lighting in each room and in the hallway.
• Replacement of closet doors in patient rooms.
• New protectors were added to the wall at the head of each stretcher.
• Three semi-private patient rooms were renovated and repainted.
• The procedure room was renovated and relocated next to the patient rooms.
• A new HVAC unit was installed to comply with state code.
• The Ambulatory Unit was separated from the nursing unit with a dividing wall and door to provide more privacy for patients.
• The Meditation Room was relocated to the Nursing Unit, and this space was converted into a much-needed office space for physicians, nurses and the unit secretary.
• “Wallaroos,” or fold-up desks were added adjacent to each stretcher. These desks contain a computer required to enter patient care data into the hospital’s new electronic medical record system.
Dr. Kevin Dodd commented on the renovations, “Thanks to this donation, we have a more comfortable space to perform our endoscopic procedures, a dedicated unit with reception area for our patients, and pre- and post-endoscopy recovery rooms to allow more privacy and comfort to our patients.”
Director of Nursing Marilyn Donnelly, RN, said the upgrades to the Ambulatory Department are part of Margaretville Hospital’s ongoing efforts to improve patient services.
“From a nursing and patient perspective, these renovations not only improved privacy and HIPPA-compliance, but also enhance the communication among unit secretary, nurses and physicians. Additionally, the team’s work-flow efficiency has significantly improved,” Mrs. Donnelly explained.
“These changes have improved patient comfort and care and enhanced the look and feel to create a more professional environment. The staff and all those involved at Margaretville Hospital are extremely grateful and pleased with the new look and added efficiencies in the Ambulatory Department,” she added.
Margaretville Hospital is located at 42084 State Highway 28, Margaretville. For additional information about the hospital’s Ambulatory Department, please contact Marilyn Donnelly at 845 586-2631, ext. 3231.
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley® is the alignment of HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and Broadway Campus, as well as Margaretville Hospital, Mountainside Residential Care Center and Woodland Pond at New Paltz. As the parent organization with a unified governance structure, the goal of HealthAlliance is to strengthen the quality of care and bring forward enhanced technology to serve the present and future healthcare needs in the Hudson Valley. HealthAlliance and its affiliate facilities are committed to providing compassionate, patient-centered care and ensuring patient safety, privacy and dignity to all. For further information about HealthAlliance visit our website at www.HAHV.org.