Fund-raisers planned to aid Bovina family
Community response has been swift and generous to assist Bovina Center residents Shana McIntosh-Eaglefeathers and her five children who were left homeless by a fire that destroyed their home last Thursday.
Monetary donations may be mailed to the “Fund for Shana’s Children” at the Delaware National Bank of Delhi, P.O. Box 508, Delhi, NY 13753.
It is assured that this money will provide for Shana and her children who are in dire immediate need but who need long-term stability as well. All donations are recorded at the bank and will be acknowledged.
Shana’s sister-in-law, Laurie McIntosh, said that a clothing drive for the family was an overwhelming success. Community clothing donations were so numerous that the family had to request that no additional clothing donations be contributed. Laurie explained that any extra clothing will be turned over to goodwill organizations.
A number of fund-raisers are being planned. Fund-raising events planned at press time include:
• Shana-Fest is planned on Saturday, Oct. 3 beginning at 6 p.m. at Sol Bar in Delhi. Five bands have already confirmed to play: Disciples of Agriculture, Future Farmers of America, Pisspour’, The Mojo Switch, Altered Walter and the Time Beings. Shana’s colleagues at Margaretville Central School are assisting with this event.
Donations are welcome at the door. Bartenders will add all tips to the donations. Sol Bar has pledged to kick down an additional percentage out of the night’s register to the donations fund.
• A Bovina community donation-raising effort is also taking place on Saturday, Oct. 3 from 1-10 p.m. at the Bovina Firehall.
• The Andes Hotel will be running a prize-drawing with the ticket drawn at its Octoberfest on October 3.
• A benefit featuring Blues Maneuver is tentatively scheduled for Friday, Oct. 23 at the American Legion Hall in Delhi.
• Chuck McIntosh (Shana’s uncle) of McIntosh Auction, raised more than $500 in a 50-50 drawing for the family at last week’s auction.