Food, shelter available for county
The United Way of Delaware and Otsego Counties has been awarded $21,300 from the New York State Set-Aside funding to be used for emergency food and shelter needs.
Otsego County has been awarded $14,475 and Delaware County $6,818.
These funds are used to supplement established programs that address emergency food and shelter needs in the county. The amount is determined by each county’s poverty level and unemployment rate. The United Way of Delaware/Otsego Counties did not meet the poverty threshold to be eligible for the Federal Emergency Food and Shelter program, but submitted a request for state funding.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, any local governmental or private organization chosen to receive funding must meet the following criteria.
• Be a private voluntary non-profit or unit of government.
• Have an accounting system and conduct an annual audit.
• Practice non-discrimination
• Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs.
• If a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
To apply please contact the United Way of Delaware/Otsego Counties at 607 432-8006 for an application. Applications may also be requested electronically by contacting the executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted to the United Way by February 8.