Area Police News: March 12, 2008

Chad L. Trombley, 18, of Margaretville was arrested by state police Thursday on an outstanding warrant issued by the Town of Middletown Justice Court for failure to pay a fine. Trombley was picked up as he was being released from the county jail, arraigned in Town of Middletown Justice Court and sent back to the county jail when he was unable of pay the $2,440.77 fine. He was ordered to pay the fine or serve eight months.
Two Stamford youths were charged with unlawful possession of marijuana last week Wednesday after they were reported acting suspiciously in the parking lot of the Cyr Center in Stamford. Charged were Robert L. Bridgeforth and Ashley Utter, both 19 years old. They were issued appearance tickets returnable in Stamford Justice Court at a later date.
A Stamford resident faces a number of charges following a domestic dispute with his girlfriend that involved their 14-month-old child. State police say they arrested Charles E. Currie, 26, after receiving a 911 call from his girlfriend, Jennifer A. Muthig, 26, who reported that Currie choked her, broke her cell phone and would not let her leave his residence. Police went on to say that during the incident their 14-month-old child entered the room, was picked up by Muthig and was forcibly taken from her by Currie. Currie was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief, second-degree unlawful imprisonment, endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of second-degree harassment. He was arraigned in Stamford Justice Court where he was released after posting $500 cash bail and was scheduled to reappear in court last night.
Mark B. Schultes, 42, of Kortright was arrested on February 26 by the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigations and charged with predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A-II felony. The arrest was the result of a criminal investigation into alleged repeated sexual contact by Schultes against a child under 13 years of age over a period greater than three months. Schultes was arraigned and remanded to the county jail on no bail pending further court action in Delaware County Superior Court.